AT VMS YOU CAN...
Sign Up For A Free Lesson
The student who discovers music early has dramatic advantages over those who don't. Music encourages achievement and builds self-confidence. "At Vaughan Music Studios, we don't just teach, we give every student the opportunity to explore."
VMS Ukulele Lessons Advantages
1. Fun and Productive Lessons - Education research has proven that the brain is most receptive to new information (learning) when it is happy and content. Learning is interactive and focused on accomplishing new goals within fun, stress-free ukulele lesson plans. Ukulele is not only fun, but it is relatively simple to learn to play, making it a great starting instrument. Our friendly teachers, staff and studio-wide group activities create a positive and effective learning environment.
2. Variety and Exploration - From beginners to adults, traditional Hawaiian to pop, ukulele lessons at VMS accommodate the interests and needs of each individual student. All sizes of ukulele are taught in our studio. Students are encouraged to study a variety of styles and genres as their interests develop. Ukulele is a great instrument for guitarists and those proficient on stringed instruments to pick up quickly and easily.
3. Expert Teachers - Instructors at VMS are not only excellent, professional musicians with degrees, but they are also highly trained teachers, devoted to the progress of their students. Lessons are customized to fit the interest and learning style of each student. Progress reports and updates are offered regularly.
Succeed in Music, Succeed in Life?
There are many positive reasons to study music. Immediate rewards and accomplishments develop into life-long benefits for all.
For the young student, preparation for success begins with discovery and exploration. Acquiring new skills in music builds confidence. Practicing builds fine motor coordination and teaches problem solving. If lessons are taken to play music in groups, additional benefits include the ability to lead, the willingness to follow, self-discipline and a keen sense of timing. All of these experiences are essential for successes in school, business and in family life. Young people benefit as music lessons can prepare them for success in future endeavors.
For the older student, enjoyment is inevitable. Music challenges higher levels of creativity, imagination and dexterity while preserving quickness of mind and expanding expression. Learning is never-ending and ukulele lessons provide a wide array of the most inspiring opportunities.
We're not just another Music Studio..
Vaughan Music Studios is an instruction and recording studio for all ages, levels and styles of music. We have been offering instruction, artist development and audio engineering to the Columbus, Ohio community since 2007. Music lessons are offered in voice, piano, guitar, bass, drums, saxophone, clarinet, flute, brass, orchestral strings, ukulele, songwriting and acting for singers as well. VMS offers college and career consultations for those looking for guidance in their music career.
Our motto is “From lessons to launch and everything in between.” Artist Development is the “Everything in between!” We don’t just teach: We give you the opportunity to explore.
Every plan is customized because every artist is different. Our experienced instructors help you identify areas for improvement, enhance your strengths and enable your authentic self to shine.
Vaughan Music Studios is equipped to provide an exceptional recording experience for all of our clients, no matter their skill level or need. The facility is designed to create a comfortable and inviting atmosphere and is available for outside clients’ recordings.
We look forward to welcoming you to our active and vibrant studios where you will learn to be an awesome musician! You or your child are going to love it!
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. My child has expressed interest in ukulele. Should they take lessons? Yes! Ukulele lessons are fun at any age or skill level, beginning to advanced - and can improve songwriting ability. The instruments are affordable, and our instructors can give you advice on finding the perfect one for the student.
2. What age can my child start? Ukulele is a great instrument for children as young as 5 years old.
3. Do I have to have special talents? Anyone can learn to play ukulele. The only requirement is interest.
4. How much time will it take? With our student-centered approach, you will notice a rapid improvement with ukulele lessons. The more time you put in, the more you will accomplish.
5. How can I learn outside of lessons? At VMS we provide numerous performance opportunities and workshops throughout the year to extend the learning process. Students are also welcome to record in our state-of-the-art studio at any time!
What People Are Saying
"When I ask myself how I became such a developed musician at such a young age, and why I am where I am today, the only answer is Vaughan Music Studios. I always loved music, but it wasn’t until I started working with Cindy that music started becoming a possible career choice instead of just a dream. Before I started at VMS, I could barely play 4 cover songs. Now I have a whole repertoire of original songs, recordings, a developed voice, many connections in the music industry, performing experience, and most importantly, I have confidence that a career in music is possible for me. Thank you Cindy, Mark, and everyone else at VMS for believing in me." - Meaghan Campbell: VMS Student, Recording Client NSAI Songwriting Contest Finalist 2014
"I've now not only been taking voice lessons from them, but also drum, guitar, and ear training lessons, and am completely satisfied by the quality of instruction, the facility itself, and the friendliness of the staff. Columbus is fortunate to be able to claim a resource such as this one." - Zain K.
"I had the pleasure of touring the music lessons spaces, performance hall, and studio at Vaughan, with Cindy Vaughan, who owns and manages the ins and outs. Her vision for this music school is all-encompassing, backed by years of experience, and equipped with the best gear in the land. Lookout for this place in the future- as it seems likely to become a staple in Columbus' music education and music scene as a whole." - Joey H.